We’ve all talked about how different this year is going to be for our children, for their teachers, and for our communities.
Some of our girls will be sitting in socially distanced classrooms, while others will be at dining room tables using laptops and Zoom to learn.
Some of our teachers will be in classes wearing masks, while others will be juggling the virtual world as well.
And while none of us knows what to expect, we do have a God who is in control and desires to be a part of our lives as we navigate through these uncharted waters.
As our girls watch us react and engage with the changing circumstances of this new school year, we thought it would be a great time to take their hand and lead them to the powerful practice of prayer.
So, here are 5 ways you can pray for teachers with your sweet girl:
- Safety and Health– While many of our teachers are not on the front lines fighting COVID, they are on the front lines pouring into our children. Pray with your daughter for their safety and health as they sacrificially invest in the lives of so many.
- Creativity and Endurance– Teachers are creatives, gifted with the ability to bring lessons to life. During this unusual season, they are tasked with leaning into that creativity even more so. Pray for them to have endurance this year, as they manage perhaps even more than they have before.
- Peace and Wisdom– So many of our teachers also have families of their own and have many individual concerns about how they can best lead their families and their classrooms. Pray that the Lord would give them peace and wisdom during this busy and chaotic season and that they would be reminded He is in control.
- Rest and Refreshment– At the end of a long and hard day, pray that your daughter’s teachers would be able to rest well. Pray that the Lord would refresh their hearts and souls each evening.
- Compassion and Encouragement– Pray that teachers will experience compassion from their families, students, and administrators as they work hard to navigate this new school year. Pray that they would receive encouragement from those around them and ask God how you might be one source of it for them this year!
In light of the last prayer point, here are 5 ways you can encourage a teacher:
- Handwrite a card thanking them for their service and letting them know you’ll be praying for them.
- Send a gift card to their email address (Starbucks, Chick Fil A, etc) as a fun surprise.
- Send an email and ask if there is anything you can do to help make their first week a little easier. Then pick one thing and do it!
- Deliver a care package (basket) to your teacher that includes some coffee, hand sanitizer, chocolate, and even a fun face mask in your school’s colors.
- Stay in touch. Respond to emails. Let them know you have their back. And keep praying for them!
Let us know how you are planning to pray for and encourage the teachers in your life this year! We’d love to hear and share some of your ideas with our Treasured Family!